From The Top

This is from the head of the fire well after it was under control.

The chance for good pictures was when we first got there but I didn’t have a camera. I need to get a disposable and put it my pack.

1. Staying on the fire theme we keep a disposable camera in every truck.

dnf

2. Thank you for the link!

He got a lot of video of me but I’m not in the video, my face for radio.

Most of the footage is was engine 30 from USFS along with a couple of other crews. There were literally a couple of shots with Walker personnel.

Thanks again.

3. From my vantage point on the North side of route 69 I was shocked to see a tanker flying low over what appeared to be Lynx Lake – then I saw the smoke coming from behind Spruce mountain. We appeared to dodge a bullet this time. Good work getting the incident under control so quickly.
    However, is it true that the air tanker had to fly up from southern Az? Where was ours? and our heavy helicopter? Are resources spread that thin?

All the best, – From the North end of Walker Rd

Ed

4. Ed,

I don’t know about where the air tanker came from. We had helicopter support right away, did the planes make their drops at 430?

The video link above captures one round of drops but doesn’t really capture the speed or the extent to which the dove down onto Sheldon Rd.

It was wild (it always is though).

If you have any pictures feel free to email me or leave a disk at the gym if you still go?

Thanks Ed.

5. Roger, sorry no pictures because the air drop took me by surprise. It did occur around 4:30 and appeared to be just one drop. I could see a small helicopter taking water from Lynx Lake but the Heavy Duty was no where in sight.

For the few seconds i watched the tanker I could see it was #48 – the one at Love Field is #24 and is not painted with the orange markings. Thus I assumed it had to have come from another part of AZ – TV reported the south.

That is a long way to come when you have a fire that close to property.

Again good job and best of luck. This coming weekend will be a big test for you guys!

Ed

6. Roger, I think that it is really admirable that you and your wife volunteer in this way. (Where’s the whiney anon voice admonishing your fighting fires when you should be watching OPM?) I you both will always be out of harms way.

Re the Double ETF’s–I was jammin today on DDM and DXD. I did note that 2 x in the last 2 days I’ve put in limit orders only to see them NOT filled BUT the Bid/Ask moved in a range byeond MY bid/ask though my b/a was more favorable. Very strange. Now, in a fast moving market, I just do market. Never do market on the open on these ETF’s, though. ONe will smack one’s forehead in a shameful, hurtful way.

7. What is the ytd gain so far Roger? I am only up about 5.65% for the year, somewhat unhappy about this.

JB

From The Top

This is from the head of the fire well after it was under control.