CNBC Today

I am scheduled to appear on CNBC 30-ish minutes after the close today to talk about five top picks for 2010.

So far I have Red Sox in 6, Celtics in 6, Bruins in 7 and the Pats to win the Super Bowl. Hopefully I come up with a fifth by the time I go on the air.

1. USA wins the World Cup ?!?

2. I like it, in a squeaker over New Zealand (I will be rooting for NZ to do well but not beat the US).

3. Roger

Caught your interview on CNBC today. I know you are a thematic investor however, doesn’t the potential volatility of the thinly traded Poland Fund (about 23,000/day) worry you?

4. well I thought it would be a longer segment (my bad) to which I would have added that there are more and more countries previously not easily accessed that investors need to learn about and possibly buy. that is the bigger macro than picking Poland for one year.

5. Roger, just watched your slot online. I agree, Santander is a great hold, I think mostly because I worked for Abbey National for many years, also through the takeover. Santander’s management came across as more insightful. We closed a lot of gaps that were open previously. Also, Abbey National was very feminine, until Santander brought on a more masculine, firmer hold on the structure.

This is not a sexist post, more a marketer’s idea of a best fit. Abbey was catering to the opposite of Natwest’s demographic, which worked for a time.

6. USA winning the World Cup?? You must be joking!

7. unfortunately probably as much of a joke as NZ getting to the finals but I will be rooting for both.

8. Roger: I did not get a chance to watch your CNBC interview. Is it possible to post the video? If not a synoposis of what you said might help readers like me who did not watch. . Thanks.

9. embedding the video seems not to work, some sort of code issue where a particular bit of the code is not enclosed, at least blogger doesn’t think it is.

here is the link to CNBC though http://bit.ly/8i6h6P